This class has really been enjoyable. I have learned and accomplished many goals as both a reader and a writer. This class has taught me so many new things, from annotating in books all the way to Shakespeare.
One unit I thoroughly enjoyed was the Romeo and Juliet unit. I liked this unit because, I got a chance to be introduced to one of Shakespeare's greatest works. It was fun to read something that was in a different language and structure, than what I was used to. I have never read and put my effort into reading a play before, so reading this literary work was a truly amazing experience for me. In the beginning, I had trouble understanding what some of the texts actually meant, but of course, our classes together helped me cope with that. Another thing I greatly enjoyed, was our performance. It was interesting to watch how other people acted , everyone seemed to have a different way of representing their character. I noticed that when two people had the same character, they seemed to all act differently based on what they thought of their character. So I found that really interesting.
Another activity I really enjoyed was when our class did book clubs. From my point of view, I thought book clubs were a great way to acknowledging other people's thoughts and perspective about the book. It showed me how readers reacted to different topics and styles.Our unit with book clubs opened me up to different explanations and insights that I may have missed. Book clubs also allowed my to read books that I normally wouldn’t have chosen, expanding my choice of books to a wider variety.
Looking back, this year has been truly amazing. After I graduate, I hope to accomplish more goals in English and remain intact with the ones I learned this year. I hope to read more plays like the one with Romeo and Juliet in high school English classes and thoroughly understand the text and meaning. Another goal for high school is to try write more poems of different variety.
2015 Summer Bookshelf
Cinderella Six Feet Under by Maia Chance
Beauty, Beast, and Belladonna by Maia Chance
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Paper Towns by John Green
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
Boy 21 by Matthew Quick
No comments:
Post a Comment